Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Canada -- 4 September 2012

Salutations.

Basically, winter is approaching fast here in Canada. The mornings are usually characterized by 2-3 degree weather which we run in (that's abut 40-50 degrees farenheight.... I think). It rains a lot at night, and the days are usually sunny and bright. The missionaries around here are very into "getting JACKED" MEANING getting really super muscular. You have to say it like that too, "JACKED." Which is good news for me. I've lost about 15 lbs putting me squarely at 150 with plenty of fat still to drop. Anyone who has been in this mission for more than 6 months is ripped. I love it. It gives me a lot to look forward to. We wake up at six in order to be eating breakfast and getting ready for the day by 7, and, of course, studying by 8.

Also, before I say anything else, you know all of those stereotypes about Canadians? You know "aboot" instead of "about," "baig" instead of "bag" and all that jazz? Totally true. 100%. Everyone here has at least a little bit of knuck accent in them. It's HILARIOUS.  Also, they all suck at driving. They cross the street whenever they want and expect not to get hit by cars. They are all SUPER friendly. And one in every 20 people I meet are already Mormon. I'm stationed pretty close to downtown Calgary.

They say a lot of things that British people say "flat" or "pad" instead of "apartment." Things like that.

(Just so you know, now that I'm here, I'm wishing I had brought more hoodies. They're the best and I use them every day, working out, study time, bed time [because our flat probably hits 0 degrees celcius at night] and also, protein is a HOT commodity. It's hard to eat healty, especially up here because everything is SOOOOOOOOO much more expensive. Example (bad example) a bag of chips is usually around 6 bucks. Mostly air. Of course.)

Oh, they don't believe in refried beans. Or mexican food. Bummer. I just have to make my own.... except, I don't know how to do refried beans...

Now, for the part you're all waiting for: The work.

Well, I LOVE teaching, finding, planning, proselyting, organizing, I love it all! I feel like we can do more though. I'm thinking the more I put into this, the more the Lord will let out. We are teaching a couple by the names of Mike and Mary S. who are absolutely GOLDEN. If we work hard, follow the spirit, and do everything we're supposed to, they're in the water for sure.

No fear. Keep the Faith. Love the Lord. I don't have any time left, I love you all and I am offically allowed to email as long as I prioritize my momma before anyone else. :D Love you

Elder Taylor J. Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment