Monday, September 17, 2012

A Week Full of Miracles -- 17 September 2012

Okay, *cracks knuckles* *stretches shoulders* *warms up neck* *boxing stance* This week has basically been incredible. So, I've redoubled my efforts to be closer to Heavenly Father. Why? Because I've needed all the help I can get. I have been feeling like I've been seriously failing God. I just want to give him everything, you know? So, I've been trying extra hard, including going out of my comfort zone and really talking to my companions about what we could be doing better(kindly of course, I don't want to start any fights). So, since we talked, how much we have been working has just shot through the roof. Next thing we knew, doors opened. Literally.

We met Kim who had just lost her husband and it went soooooooooooooooo well. Let me tell you how we met her. We were sent to talk to a less active family. So we get there and we knock on the door and Kim comes a strolling out. We talk to her, thinking that she must be Sister G [or one of their daughters] and she starts talking about all of the coincidences she's had. Namely, running into lots of missionaries recently. She's been looking for a church [by this point we've found out that the G's moved away a year ago] and has been trying to find a way to explain to her kids where dad is. So, we set up an appointment to teach them and then taught them The Plan of Salvation. What?

Then, we met the W family. Also a success.

Then, we kept teaching M and M and they're like, this *fingers really close together* close to being there.

Miracles.

How?

We've worked as hard as we can. Please check out Ether chapters 4, 5, and 6. Read them. (I seriously hope I've directed you to the correct chapters.) Basically, the Lord helps Ether with just about everything and then he basically says, "Figure it out." So, he works. He collects stones, moltens them into the white glassish rocks, and then climbs a mountain and then talks to God and says, "Here's what I've got." THEN God gave him the light he needed to cross the ocean. So, how do you get guidance from the Lord? How do you see miracles?

Just give Him everything. Work like you've never worked before. You may need to gather a few stones. You may have to climb a mountain to get there, but the Lord, our loving Father, will provide us with the means to accomplish His works. He loves us. He would never leave us alone or miserable. If you will show Him faith. If you will give Him your all, then he will show unto you miracles. He will pour out His blessing upon you.

Goodness loving gracious, this gospel is true. I am so grateful for a Father who will not leave me comfortless. There are lives at stake in this marvelous work, and I am proud to be a part of the work that is going forth "boldly, nobly, and independent." I am grateful for a God of miracles, so grateful for the ability to work and to show Him my mettle, and I pray for the ability to withstand the refinement that will surely come from the tests and challenges ahead, because I know He will turn me into the missionary He needs me to be.

Seems a little disjointed and a little spasmastic, but it's what I've got this week.

I love you all.

Challenge. Look for miracles in your life this week. Then share that with someone you don't know, and let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment