Monday, September 10, 2012

I Don't Know What Week It Is -- 10 September 2012

So, it's fall in Canada. What that means is 0 first thing in the morning and 28 in the afternoon. (32 farenheight to about 80 farenheight I don't know the exact math.) Cold. You may ask, what does that mean for me?

Hot Chocolate.

One word.

WHITCHICKABAM.

I hope you don't mind that I spent 10 bucks for Dry Pack hot cocoa, because it's too late, I already spent it. And it was worth it. 6 lbs of hot chocolate to last me from now until Christmas.

Let me reiterate.

WHITCHICKABAM.

Anyway, life is wonderful on the Canadian front.

I met a guy a few days ago who was in the Canadian Military and he says that they suck... so, there's another proven stereotype. I haven't been able to prove that every Canadian is afraid of the dark.... but nobody is outside at night other than that missionaries and people going to McDonalds, so I'm going to call a "plausible" on that theory.

In other news, for some reason I can't sleep up here.

We did this service project where we collected 500,000 lbs of food for the local food bank (no exaggeration, it was literaly 542,000 lbs of food) and I was alternating between forklifts (never thought that skill would come in handy on my mission), pallet jacks (I was hoping I'd never have to use that one again), and sheer scottish muscular grit (I use that one every day... I've adopted myself into the scottish whitchickabam clan, our plaid is forest green, navy blue, and candy apple red). I noticed a few interesting things while we were working it. Basically more food was coming from places like trailer parks than coming from rich neighborhoods. What does that tell you? Those who are sufficiently humble are more submissive to the will of God. True story. Dear Mom and Dad. We need to be better about giving at food drive time. I know we just forget, but there are a lot of people with a lot less than us.

Landon, there were two teens who volunteered to work with the missionaries during the food drive. They were out-working many of the missionaries and still rocked the first dibs on pizza. Basically, just know that it doesn't take much to rock the world; it's all on the amount of work that you are willing to put into becoming great.

Anyway, we've been teaching a less active that doesn't want to go to church because he has been offended. Unfortuantely, we're finding that to be the case with most of the less-actives we teach. How can you help? Let me tell you, and I'll quote Elder Uchtdorf: "Stop it." I wrote those two words with all the finger strength I could muster. So, it made the desk shake. Stop insulting. Stop judging. Stop pushing people away. Learn to love others. God is great and wants all to return to him, which won't happen simply because of what some people have said. It's that simple. They surrender their beliefs because of what someone said and it breaks my heart to speak with them. They live in misery without the gospel and they don't even realize it.
Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

I don't have much time, but I want you to know that this Church is true. God loves us all very much and he wants us to be happy!

Also, look ahead! Christmas is coming!

"Don't you quit, you keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead. It will be alright in the end. Trust God, and believe in good things to come..... Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven, but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."

I love you so much! Sorry I couldn't write more! you'll just have to read my journal when I get back or soemthing.

No comments:

Post a Comment