Monday, August 20, 2012

O Canada!

Canadia here I come! I'm ready to get oot of here. It's aboot time, eh?

Lies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the MTC. Looking back, I feel that I have not been all that positive about the things going on in here. The MTC has been the best experience of my life, which I have been lucky enough to share with my brothers.

So, Ashtyn, you know Jayne Starkie? Yeah, her older brother has been my teacher here at the MTC. He is an AMAZING teacher, which is a title I don't just hand out to anyone. He would come in the classroom, and within seconds, he has the spirit already changing our hearts. Frankly, it's incredible. Guess what, he never had a single door slammed in his face his whole mission long! WHAT!? When I grow up, I want to be like Brother Starkie.... and Jesus. And while we're listing off people we want to be like, I'm going to add Dad, God, and Ammon (cause Ammon is a stud, Dad is a superhero, and God is..... you know, God)

Question of the day, who is your favorite superhero? BOM hero? and what is your favorite parable in the Bible?

Elder Mafile'O and I have made HUGE strides in our teaching. Guess what?

I'll tell you, because over email, it would be a long guessing game.

Once upon a time (yup, I'm still using that cliche phrase), there was a woman by the name of Hely, whose husband started volunteering at the MTC so he could grow closer to God. Then, he started making Hely come, and she agreed, but hated that while she was there she couldn't be with her husband. So, one day, in stroll two missionaries who look just like the others. You know, good looking, well dressed, clean cut, and they each have a sparkle in their eyes that sets them apart from anyone she has ever met. But none of the others seemed to care about what they were doing. They would come in, spit out a lesson, and there was never even any time for her to even ask the questions she wanted to, so when these other elders walked in, Hely just shut down. Fortunately, these elders had their purpose in mind, and spent the entire lesson learning about Hely. The next lesson, she was eager to talk to these elders, and toward the end, she listened intently as they bore their witness of the divinity of the work that they were doing. The next time they came, she listened carefully, and shed tears as she learned of the sacrifice that her Savior had made in order to change her life. Then, she prayed to her Father, and the tears seemed to flow even more freely. Finally, the Elders came for the last time. This time, she was prepared. She had tissues and a letter written for them. She committed to praying every day and asked them questions about how she could continue to grow closer to her Savior.

Basically, we were crying and it was beautiful and wonderful and God was speaking to her heart. We got her information and are going to continue communicating with her. Maybe, someday, she will be baptized.

;)

Anyway, dear everyone, serve missions.

Lots of Love,

Elder Tay-O

No comments:

Post a Comment