Monday, August 20, 2012

Letters from the MTC -- Rec'd 7 August 2012

Dear Mom & Dad,

This letter is to inform you that I am awake and alive.

I am about to unravel the mystery of the MTC, so pay close attention.

First, a host missionary greets you and takes you into the main mission office, where they issue you your tags, take your picture, give you an ID badge, and then your host takes you to your dorm.  You drop your stuff there & rush to your classroom (same classroom your whole stay) where you meet your district & go over MTC rules.  Then there is a meeting where all the members of the MTC presidency speak to you, and you sing with the other elders & sisters for the first time...

More on that later.

Following the meeting you eat an awesome dinner & then you go & teach investigators the gospel as a HUGE group of missionaries (out of the frying pan & into the fire).  Then, you are taught your routine, & you do study & hit the hay.

Here at the MTC, we sing songs a little differently.  For example:

We have been born as Nephi of old to goodly parents who love the Lord
We have been taught & we understand that we must do as the Lord commands.
We are as the Army of Helaman.  We have been taught in our youth
We are now the Lord's missionaries.  We'll bring the world his truth.

Did you catch it?

We are now the Lord's missionaries.

WHITCHICKABAM!

Power beyond belief.

The Gospel is true.

Don't miss it.

Question:  Why do Mormons focus so much on the Book of Mormon vs. the Bible?

I can't email until next Friday.  I'll write.

Love your son, brother, friend,

Elder Taylor Hill

***

Mom & Dad,

The MTC is INCREDIBLE! I didn't know I didn't know so much about the gospel.

I'm not sure what to say except thanks.  Tons of Elders don't have parents who support them.  They don't have family to write to, & they don't ever get garments, pillowcases or Snickers bars.  :)

Alma 56:47-48

I love you both with all of my heart.  At devotional the other night they challenged us "to be the missionaries your mothers think you are."  I raised my standard.  :)

Anyway, in case you missed it, I'm district leader, & I tell you what, it's a lot of work, but it's very rewarding.  My district is amazing.  There's one elder, Elder Child, who is an amazing artist.  I gave him a 5-minute challege and that is what he drew!

Crazy!  Everyone has talents that I'm super jealous of, but I read music better than the music major, Elder Kimber.  :) Thank Kelly for me, will you?

I'm writing in the hall & I can hear a few elders playing Battleship.  One of them just ripped a huge messy one and someone shouted, "Oh!  You sank my Battleship!"  They never change.  :)

Bascally, the church is true.  God is our father & He loves us so so much.  Jesus IS the Messiah.  The spirit has winessed it to me & I can't deny it.

Anything you want to hear about?

I should have a full camera by the time I'm done here.  Once I do, I'll send the card home.  Dad, some protein mix would be great & I need my teeth retainers.

Well, I love you both & I hope you still love me too.  :)

dearelder.com can get me same day letters in the MTC for free & you can send snacks through them.  :)

Whitchickabam!

Love your son,

Elder Taylor Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment