Monday, May 6, 2013

6 May 2013

The truth is we saw a lot of miracles this week.

Nothing ever happened the way we anticipated. Nothing ever does.

The Lord has been working us hard, and teaching us good lessons.
As we have tried to find, and teach, and fellowship, and gain the trust of the members, we have seen success. No new investigators to report, but the tender mercies of the Lord are still there.
We went by someone named Linda who is a less active member of the ward. She was baptized about three years ago and she doesn't come to church mostly because she doesn't understand why it's important. So, we shared lesson one with her again with a focus on "revelation through church attendance" and, guess what. She came. :D Miracle.
We are purging into Okotoks, which basically means we are in an area where we are building the foundation, because it crumbled beneath the last missionaries. No information in any of the area books that is currently valid, the members don't trust us, and we are covering 3 areas. Challenge accepted. We certainly need all the help we can get from the Lord, but I'm not about to let Him down.
We are busying ourselves with working with the members and less-actives. We try to help the members do missionary work on their own. It's difficult to find meaningful things to do other than member and less-active work, but we just need to do what the Lord needs us to do.
My new comp is sweet! Training this time around is so sweet. I feel like I understand what is going on, but that doesn't mean it's free of challenges. The difference this time, I suppose, is that I have more faith to complete them. Also, he reminds me a lot of Logan, which is great because we get along and talk and laugh and he listens and wants to do what is right in the right way (the Lord's way). He is humble, kind, funny, smart, and a great friend. He wants our family to move up to Eden, Utah so we can hang out more, I told him we're looking at Daybreak and Herriman, to which he responded, "Well, I guess it's cool to be right next to a temple...." :D What a boss. I have been so blessed this transfer so far. But, as we know, with blessings comes opposition. Beelzebub has been working on my heart as well, it's taken a lot of faith, courage, and extension to make it through... but, through Christ, all things are possible. I've learned that lesson over and over and over again. I don't know why I forget so much :D I guess I'm just imperfect and prideful, but I am trying, mom. I am giving it my best. Sometimes I falter or fail completely, but I am still fighting.
This transfer we are going to bring 3 people unto Christ. I don't know how, yet. I also don't know who, but if it is the will of the Lord, we will.
The gospel is true. I love you all so much.
Rock on. Peace. Love. And Temple Marriage.
In that order.
Elder Taylor Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment