Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Fast One Full of Miracles -- 21 May 2013

This week we went to trainer's training where I was retrained on how to be a trainer(go figure). Before the meeting I was talking with the Assistants to the President about my area. They know basically everything that has gone on in the area for the past while, and have a special interest in it (I think they're trying to split it, like they did in Medicine Hat, only 3 different ways). I expressed my concerns about not yet being able to find any new investigators, and they offered some very helpful advice.
Just so you know, Elder D from West Jordan is one of the AP's out here. He's a boss.
Specifically, they advised me to be giving very specific prayers for miracles and to be able to find people to teach and baptize.

So, that night when we got home, we prayed as a companionship that we could find a new investigator to baptize, that we would see miracles, and that we would recognize them when they came.
So, the next day we were walking down the street, praying in my mind in preparation to contact someone walking toward us, when he yelled, "ELDERS! It seems like any time I get to a certain point in my life, you always seem to show up!" :D Well, go figure. He invited us to his home where we learned that he was a less-active member who had had a lot of struggles, but who really was looking for some guidance in his life. We invited him to church and taught him a little more about Christ. I hope things will continue to progress with him.
That night, we made a few phone calls to set up some lessons in Diamond Valley with some members. We set one up after making several phone calls, and decided we should stop there. The next day, at church the member that we had set the lesson with told us that they would have a non-member in their home who was ready for the Gospel.
So we went. The Spirit was there, and He agreed to baptism. :D
Miracles.
And thus we see that as we plead with the Lord for help in all that we do, He will answer our prayers. He Loves us, and He wants us to succeed.
I love you all very much!

Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment