Monday, May 13, 2013

The Miracle of Member Missionaries -- 13 May 2013

Hey Everyone!

My story from yesterday is the following:
So, there is a young man in our ward who is leaving for the MTC on Wednesday. He will be going to the Canada, Vancouver mission (sounds like I'm going to need to make a trip to Vancouver... and tour the rest of Canada someday). His family invited us over for supper at their place so we could say, "Goodbye!"
After supper, we asked if we could gather everyone together to share a brief message. (there was a non-member there) They agreed and we taught about the purpose of the Atonement, why people serve missions, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and why we should all be sharing the Gospel with those we love. Elder Burrows is a rock of a man, and he bore beautiful testimony of his knowledge of the truthfulness of this Gospel. It was such a sweet moment. We had soon-to-be-Elder-Smith bare his testimony as well. In short it was a spiritually guided 20 minute message, that was absolutely beautiful.
But what would the ice cream be without the cherry on top? ;)
We asked if anyone knew someone who needed this message in their lives. (For those of you who aren't missionaries, you know that usually this question is usually answered with something like, "My next door neighbor." or "I don't know any non-members." or "Nobody right now, but I'll let you know if I ever do.")(p.s. the way to escape those answers is to ask if they have any non-members on facebook, committing them to invite their neighbor over for dinner, or asking them if they are currently home teaching anyone who needs help---- a few other things have helped, but those are the ones that do the best for me.)
There was a teenager who spoke up and said she knew someone who she had had a random conversation with about the Gospel, and who still had a lot more questions. We committed her to invite them to meet with us. Then the soon-to-be missionary spoke up and said he knew someone, then his mom spoke up with several someones, and then her sister added someone else!!!!!! Referrals to the max and more! It was incredible to see a family that was willing to share this beautiful message.

6 Wherefore, aredemption cometh in and through the bHoly cMessiah; for he is full of dgrace and truth.
 7 Behold, he offereth himself a asacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto bnone else can the cends of the law be answered.
 8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, asave it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who blayeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the cresurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.

One word? WHITCHICKABAM
And it gets better. I got to talk to my family yesterday. I saw Willis, my mom and dad, my brother, my sisters, and a few of my cousins. :D it was exactly what I needed.
We taught a couple members yesterday as well, still no investigators to report, but I've come away this week with a lot of good finding ideas that we are going to put to the test. :D
I love you all so much, thank you for your love and support. I hope to keep hearing from all of you!

Rock on. Peace, love, and temple marriage. In that order.
Elder Taylor J. Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment