Monday, April 29, 2013

My New Boy -- 25 April 2013

Well, it's only been  three months since I've written a letter like this one, but here we are again; training.
My boy's name is Elder Taylor (get that, eh? Named 'im aftah 'is fathah) B. Elder B for regular. He's the man. He's really quiet, but he's slowly speaking up. He really really wants to do the right thing and has a moral compass that points directly North. Complete boss.
In the meantime, I am still district leader, however I have been transferred to an area known as "Okotoks." We are purging out the last Elders, meaning we know nothing at all about the area. However, so far the ward has reached out to us directly, and we've walked into a couple of investigators. We are covering three wards, Cimmaron, Sheep River, and Black Diamond (sounds like Pokemon names, I know, but trust me, there are no Pokemon here, but there are a lot of deer).
We have housing inspections tomorrow, which is a total gong show (Canadian for "This is crazy.") because when we got here our pad looked like a terrorist attack (maybe I shouldn't be saying that with everything that's happened lately....). There was garbage everywhere, the washroom had yellow streaking everywhere (don't ask me why, or how, but I mean EVERYWHERE) and it took us 4 hours to get it cleaned up and looking like it might pass inspections.
Guess what, my trainer is going home in two transfers. Guess what else? I'll be a year in two transfers! How in earth did that happen? I was just telling Elder B how quickly time flies on the mission, but I'm not sure I fully believed it myself.

Well, it's time to go and work. I love you!
Rock on, peace, love, and temple marriage. In that order.
Elder Taylor Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment