Friday, April 19, 2013

Cats, Milk, and Mischeviousness... -- 15 April 2013

Well, this week I found out that I'm allergic to cats. I'm minorly lactose intollerant (darn it Ashtyn! Why'd you do this to me!?). :D All in all, it doesn't bother me too much because I don't like cats, and I'm still going to eat ice cream... and everything else. It's not like I eat that much of it anyway.

Did everyone listen to priesthood conference? No? Well, read or watch this talk:

I am honestly at a loss for words.

Well, when you don't know what to say, pray & testify.

I remember once being at a youth conference and receiving a little dog tag that said something to the effect of: "A man is never taller than when he is on his knees." There's a painting in the MTC (the main building with the cafeteria) with a picture of two men kneeling next to each other, and all you can see  is their backs and the bottom of their shoes. Just like almost everything else in the MTC, I recognize that they must have been missionaries. Their shoes were worn heavily and thier suits were tattered, but something has stayed with me that I learned from that painting and that saying: If we truly want to stand up---no matter how difficult the circumstance--- we must first kneel down. The Lord is the one who gives us the strength to do all things. He is the beginning and the end. I know that prayer works. I see it work every day. I promise you that the Lord will answer your prayers, and He will lift you to your feet again.

I love you all, so much. Have a wonderful week. Don't forget to turn to the Lord.

Peace, love, and temple marriage. In that order.


Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment