Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tracting Really Isn't That Bad -- 6 January 2014

The past week has been very good. Transfers were crazy, of course, and the aftermath is always full of drama and difficulty, but I'm learning a lot from the experiences that I've been having. 

We were on exchanges in downtown Calgary a few days ago. We participated in a Zone activity where we blitzed someone's area. It was very successful. One guy we ran in to said, "The Mormons! I've been wondering when you guys would come by!" My friends, there a people who are just waiting to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Elder C got the flu this weekend, so he's been asleep a lot, which means we've been in the apartment a little longer for the past few mornings. That's been alright. I no longer feel sleep deprived (I can only study for so long without falling asleep) and I've been feeling a lot better because of that. 

I was at church yesterday with Elder L, which you may remember from my MTC group. He just purged into an area and I was on an exchange with him yesterday. My goodness.... is the ward he is in ever so solid... so solid!!!! It's insane! Sometimes you wonder what it takes... well, they came up to us and were introducing themselves, they took the non-members and helped them through church, they talked with us about friends they wanted to invite to church, grown men stood up and bore their testimonies outside of the bishopric, and the elders quorum lesson was incredible! I really hope someday to be one of those guys that you can always depend on to do what Christ would do. 

Well, I know this one has been short, but you know what I know: the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in it's fullness to the earth by the prophet Joseph Smith. There is evidence of that restoration known as the Book of Mormon, which I have come to know is true by the power of the Holy Ghost. And as a representative of Jesus Christ, I invite you, all of you to read the Book of Mormon, and find out if Christ himself will not be manifested in your life as a result of its contents. 

I love you all.

Peace. Love. And Temple Marriage. In that order.


Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment