Thursday, January 23, 2014

20 January 2014

Dear Family & Friends, this week has been really good. We went on several exchanges. 2 In BC, and 4 in Lethbridge.So, I guess if it's just the Zone Leader exchanges, we only went on 4, but that's a lot of people to go on exchanges with. Yup. It was sooo good. 

While we were in BC we contacted a family referred to us by the B family (shout out!!!). They were some of the nicest people I've ever met in my life. They had super strong testimonies of their Savior. It is amazing to me to find people who have such incredible faith. I hope that one day they will all accept the fullness of His Gospel. 

There were 2 missionaries that I went with in Lethbridge.. as soon as I got into their car, I could feel the Spirit. You could tell in every way that they were doing what they were supposed to be doing. It is amazing how the Lord puts his stamp on His faithful servants. Not that every missionary doesn't have something special about them, but... when you are doing all you can, and repenting of what you can't, you are endowed with power from on High. God takes care of you in ways that you can't even imagine. When you run out of money (almost a guarantee if you aren't being fed often) somehow, you always have enough food, someone pays for a meal, or some needed help comes out of somewhere you never would have expected. When you are doing all you can to find someone to teach, and you feel low on spirits, strength, and determination, He places in your path that 1 person who really needed it, and he strengthens your weakened knees often by allowing the burdens to drive you to them. You find yourself praying harder than you've ever prayed before, and hoping more than you've ever dared hope that he would be there, and he always is. He always answers those prayers. When He feels far, and you don't seem to be able to reach Him, but you are doing your best to seek Him out, he always comes. 

Serving a mission is incredible. I remember one time while I was working at Papa Murphy's, I was at the register when 2 young men came in. They were both about 21, clean cut, and had a different look about them. I asked them the obvious, "Did you just get home from your missions?" "Yes!" they answered. One had been home for 3 weeks and the other for just 1 week. "How did you guess?" they asked. I told them that it was how they looked. Now I realize that it was how I felt when they came in. You could tell from a mile away what kind of missionary they were as they served. You didn't need to ask, you didn't need to see, the Spirit made it very apparent. 

I hope I will be like that someday.

I love you all

Peace, love, and temple marriage. In that order.


Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment