Monday, September 9, 2013

Broken Record -- 9 September 2013

I'm just a broken record,
Singing the same old song.
Just a broken record,
Begging that we'll all get along.

I'm just an oldies record,
Asking you to read,
And a quiet scratched up record,
Testifying it's what you need.

I'm just a boring record,
I told you, "You could pray."
Just a smiling record,
trying to make your day.

I'm just a heartfelt record,
Scratched up, tattered, and torn
Just a solemn record,
I'm feeling pretty worn.

I am a distanced record,
Trying to do what's right.
I am a frightened record,
Who prays for strength every night.

I am a hopeful record
And every time I pray
I feel a peaceful record,
That you will be okay.

I'm just a happy record
Because He loves you, don't you see?
Just an excited record,
Because He loves you and even me.

I'm just a determined record,
Spinning round and round
Just a spirited record,
Projecting forth His sound.

I am a powerful record,
Here to do His will.
I am His chosen record,
Even if I'm ill.

I'm just a broken record,
Just a servant of the Lord,
Just a broken record,
Here to preach His Holy Word.

Well, that was a rugged first attempt at poetry in a whole year.

How are you!? Man, I'm so stinking great. :D I've been up and out of my shell and teaching and testifying.... so good.

I read through my email from last week, and man... it was awesome. Exactly what I was trying to say. :D

Have you ever thought about the name of Christ? Jehovah? It means, "I Am." When Christ talked with Moses, He told him to tell the Israelites that He, or, "I Am" is the God who sent him.

Well, that bears simple significance, I think. After all, how often do we catch ourselves saying things like, "I am an idiot" or sometimes even, "I am worthless." "I am alone." Why would Jesus Christ allow His name to be a part of such statements? Why would we even make them? Well, we make them because we are human and imperfect. And I think He allows His name to be in there, because even in those times, He wants us to know we are still His. We are His sheep. His Children. He allows His name to be in such degrading statements because He loves us enough to decend below the worst and weakest of all human frailties to be able to lift us. His Atonement is infinite and wonderful. :D

Well, this week was good. Elder K. and I are getting along well. Our zone is struggling a bit, but we'll do our best to help them out. We are going to be doing a training at ZTM tomorrow about our purpose and our wonderful callings a missionaries. There is nothing in the world---so far as I have experienced---as great and wonderful as knowing that you have been called of God to do a marvelous work and a wonder. His marvelous work and wonder. Man. :D Sooo good.

Well, I really do love you all so much. Sorry this one is short.

Rock on. Peace. Love. And Temple Marriage. In that order.



Elder Taylor J. Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment