Monday, December 9, 2013

When Christmas Comes to Town -- 9 December 2013

Do you remember the story of How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
I hope so, do you remember the part where the Grinch's heart grows 3 sizes that day?

Well, that's what Christmas really does for us... in fact, it's what Christ does for us. 

Yesterday I had the opportunity to give a talk in church and they didn't give me a topic to speak on. Well, I studied and I studied and I couldn't figure out what it was I was supposed to say, I had a million things written down, and nothing that seemed quite right... well, I was sitting at the podium and the member next to me said, "What's your topic?" and I said, "I don't know... they didn't give me one." She responded, "They didn't give me one either! I'm going to give a talk on Enduring to the End, what are you going to talk about?" And I said, "I honestly don't know. I've done everything that I can, and I'm just going to have to trust that God is going to say it." She looked at me and said, "You didn't prepare anything?" I said, "No, I've been preparing since they called me, I just don't know what I'm going to say."

Well, I gave the talk, and ended up speaking about believing in Christ, and what that belief does for us. I told a lot of stories, shared a lot of scriptures, and taught the doctrine. I remember a little bit about what I said... but mostly I remember the feeling. You guys, when I testify of Christ, I feel like it's Christmas. I feel like it's summer. I feel like I'm in warm rain... I feel like I'm being held and whispered to by my savior, just like a mother would do for her small child bearing their testimony. Jesus Christ helps us, he heals us, we can trust Him. It's almost too wonderful to believe, but he really does put into our minds and hearts what to say. I love Him. I'm so grateful that He cares enough to put the words in that He promises. 

I love you all so much.

Peace, love, and temple marriage. In that order.


Elder Taylor J. Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment