Monday, December 16, 2013

16 December 2013

Let's start out with where I am. I am good. There you have it. You know how I came to that conclusion?
I chose it. 

Did you know Elder Bednar came to the mission? It's a true story, he really did. He was here on Saturday, may I tell you a little about my experience? Well, I was asked to conduct the meeting, Elder Bednar came in and sat down next to my companion, Elder Crapo and I and said, "Alright, Elders, are we ready?" I responded, "Yes we are." He said, "Alright, let's go to church."

:D I stood up and began the meeting, I messed it up completely, but we got a good laugh out of my nervousness, so it was okay. :) 

Elder Bednar is a genius. He knows. And I know, not in the same way that he does. He has a perfect knowledge, mine is just limited to my experience, but you know what, His knowledge doesn't cheapen mine. You know what? It doesn't cheapen yours either. 

Your testimony is the most powerful building block of your life. It is the light within you that teaches you what is most important in your life. It is that light that connects you with your Father, and pulls you away from the Darkness when it seems there is no light. Sometimes we struggle with our testimonies, sometimes we are more interested in pleasing ourselves or others than in pleasing our God, but... my friends, the reality is those choices won't bring anything in the eternities. The Light within you, the one that never dies, is the beacon we must follow. 

Trust the knowledge that you do have. It is enough, and it will grow. Believe in what you feel inside. Trust your God. 

I love you all so much. I don't really know what to say this week, as you can probably tell, but don't worry, there will be stories and more when you ask me after my mission.

Rock on. Peace, love and temple marriage. In that order.


Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment