Monday, November 18, 2013

15 November 2013

Today, I've learned a little bit about love.

Sometimes it's really hard to see God's love for us. Maybe we're burdened by sin, or maybe we're burdened through repentance. We often may feel, for several reasons that we're not good enough... or just simply that we're not enough. Or maybe that we'll never be enough. 

I wonder if we truly know the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ? Did you know that no matter how dark your past, your future can be clear as noon day? Did you know that your sins, if followed by repentance, will never impede you from having a great relationship with your Savior? Did you know that you will never be left alone? Did you know that if you are struggling physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually, you can be healed? I think often of someone that I met while on an exchange in High River. His eyes were kind of glazed over, and he wasn't very happy... He was hurting, and his demeanor suggested that for some reason, he was broken. I found out later in the lesson that he had some kind of mental struggle. 

As we taught him, an incredible thing happened. The greater the Spirit became in the room, the better he was able to communicate with us. Then we shared a song with him, and it's like his heart unlocked, his eyes cleared and he began to express how much he loved his Father in Heaven. He could speak with us, and express Himself, still not entirely perfectly, but the spirit we could feel in that room was incredible.. and the love that we could feel... was nearly unbelievable, and I wouldn't have been able to comprehend it if I hadn't felt it. 

Well, I know that this is what God does for each of us when we seek after the Spirit, His love eminates into us and enables us to truly live our potential. It is love that changes us. Love that shapes us. Love that gives us reasons to live. It is love that gives us the courage to conquer sin, opposition, temptation, fear, distress, and darkness. I know that if you will express love to everyone you meet you will see a change in your life.

I know God loves you. Just as He loves me. I know it. 

Peace. Love. And Temple Marriage. In that order.


Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment