Monday, June 17, 2013

The Driving Force -- 17 June 2013

Today I am full of something. It's not beans. it might be love. It might be hope. It could be peace. Maybe it's just the Spirit that makes me feel this way, but the way that I feel is undeniable. I cannot deny that I feel a fire. Something is raging within my heart that I can't seem to quench and really have no desire to.
It is hope.
It is light.
It is a knowledge that today I can stand and proudly proclaim that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth through the prophet, Joseph Smith.
It is the happiness that is available through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
It is courage beyond anything that anyone can say or do to hurt me or try to tear me down.
It is faith that God's work is rolling forth boldly, nobly, and independant.
It is the love of God, telling me that no matter how hard I fall, He will always pick me up again. It is peace speaking in my heart, proclaiming to my soul that I am never alone. Never forgotten.
It is a boasting of my God. A rejoicing in Him. A knowledge that in His strength, I can do all things.
It is a knowledge of my own nothingness.
A gratitude for who I am as a servant of God and as one of His children. A disciple of Christ.
A relization that He does not need me, but He wants me. No matter how broken, no matter how pathetic, no matter how alone or displaced I seem to be. He loves me.
It is a testimony that He is with each of you. A promise that you are not forgotten of God. An oath that you will never be alone as long as you are seeking to be in His light and a promise that He is always searching for you.
It is a commandment to feed His sheep. A covenant to be His. At all times, in all things, & in all places. A promise to give my all.
It is the vision of the best of the best, who will only get there through Him. It is a desire to be somenoe He can always depend on. To be a higher calibur of missionary.
It is walking tall. Driving hard. Moving fast. Loving all. Being one. Teaching light. Bearing Priesthood. Sacrificing my heart. Loving the Son. Testifying of His divinity. Reaching out. Lifting hands. Strengthening feeble knees.
It is the work of Almighy God.
Loyalty.
Virtue.
Growth.
Faith.
Light.

We are never alone.

I am His.

I love you all.

Elder Taylor J. Hill

p.s. 16 Therefore, let us aglory, yea, we will bglory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his cmercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
 30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our ajoy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.
35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all apower, ball wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a cmerciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
36 Now if this is aboasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God

No comments:

Post a Comment