Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Training, and Leading, and Larning, oh my! -- 5 February 2013

Well... I guess there comes a time when you HAVE to answer the question for yourself, "Are my leaders called of God?" Whether it's your mission president, your bishop, your Elders Quorum President, or even the Prophet.

My answer is a resounding, "Yes."

This week is transfers. Tomorrow, actually. I have been called to serve as a district leader as well as train. I have only been out for six months. My companion who only did 1 transfer here is going to Calgary. The most disobedient missionary in my area has been called to a leadership position and is leaving to go somewhere else. My zone leaders hate each other, but they're both staying. The spanish missionaries are gone.

"What happened?"

Well, the Lord knows. Fortunately. At first when I was asked to train, I was terrified (I don't scare easy) it was like going to the MTC all over again. However, it only took a short prayer and the answer from my Father in Heaven to ease my fears. I was told and taught to trust my Father in Heaven. To believe that He could and would work wonders. He will. :D It won't be what I expect, and it will probably mean swimming in some deep water (metaphorical water, I'm not going swimming) to get there, but He will make this next transfer amazazing.

I really don't have much to say other than that.

Always trust the Lord. Always be obedient. And never, ever give up.

I plan to be, "bigger, and better, and bolder, and older" than I have ever been before. I will live up to the Lord's expectations and I will be the best I can be.

I know this Gospel is true. I know the Lord loves and knows each of us personally. I will always be grateful for the love and support I receive from Him and from Home.

I love you all!!! :D

I'll email again soon.

Rock on. Peace, love, and temple marriage. In that order.

Elder Taylor J. Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment