Thursday, February 7, 2013

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Responsibility -- 7 February 2013

I have about 10 minutes to email because my boy (Elder S) is allowed to contact his family through email today to let them know he made it here okay.

So....

I really like Elder S. He is helping me see what things I need to improve, and actually, I would like to be around new missionaries all the time. He's got a lot of work ahead, but he's doing well. I'm not sure what he's expecting; I suppose I should establish expectations. Anyway, he's fun. And funny. The other elders say he looks a lot like me. He's from Scottsdale, Arizona and he is not used to the cold at all. It's -2 c (28 f) outside and he's all kinds of bundled up. I guess I'm climatized. :) He's a stud.

Anyway, I'm learning that leadership is done mainly by example. I'm now under a bigger microscope than ever before... it's strange to be watched at all angles like this, but I'm doing my best. Obviously, some things are going to have to change in order to be a better, more effective example.

C emailed me and told me he has been transferred to the Bronx. :D He sounds so grown up and mature. I'm so so so so proud of my friend. How is L doing with his mission prep?

I love you so much.

I promise to keep doing my best. I love you.

Rock on. Peace, Love, and Temple Marriage. In that order.

Elder Tay-O Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment