Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holy Cow, Christmas -- 18 December 2012

It doesn't seem like very long ago that the Madrigals were singing our last performance of "Believe." I don't mean to trunk anyone out, but I've been singing our Christmas songs like crazy. "Believe in what your heart is saying, hear the melody that's playing. There's no time to waste, there's so much to celebrate. Believe in what you feel inside and give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need, if you just believe."

As most of you are aware, we've been teaching an "agnostic" (can you see my fingers making quotations?) who basically refuses to acknowledge the presence of the Father in her life, despite experiences in her life that witness so much that proves His existance. I've tried to imagine my life without my belief in Jesus Christ. I can't do it. I don't want to do it. What if I didn't believe? What if I believed I was completely alone? What if I just had to live with the mistakes I had made? What if there was nothing beyond this life? What if I believed I could never see my friends, my grandparents, my parents, my siblings again, after this life? What if I didn't have a purpose in life? How miserable would I be? Could I live?

I don't have a lot in the way of the world; I'm a missionary for heaven's sake. And, truthfully this whole transfer has been a little exhausting and trying, but, my friends, I have everything I need, because I believe that Jesus Christ came to earth to redeem all mankind. I know the reason for the season and I have so much reason to celebrate, to stand up and cheer!!!!!!! Every time I hear music that testifies of Christ, my soul begins to sing because I know He lives. No matter how hard, or easy, my life is. No matter how big or small I feel; I know that He knows me, and for that reason, every day is a little (often a lot) better than the last.

I'm sooo grateful for the examples that shine around me of friends and family who know who they are and why they are here. I am so grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the opportunities that I have to share the love that I feel with so many people. I am thankful for music. I am thankful for the blessing of life. I am thankful for the ability to stand taller.

:D I love you all so much.

I've been asked to sing in sacrament. I was asked to perform a song at the ward Christmas party (ironically, "I'll Be Home For Christmas.") and since that time people are quick to recognize me and we've gotten a lot more referrals. Music is a powerful ally in the right side of the force. :)

There is snow here in Canada (go figure, eh?). It's cold (shocking, I know). It's the best place I could be right now :).

Again, I love you all.

Merry Christmas.

Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment