Monday, June 30, 2014

How High River Is Pushing Me -- 30 June 2014

Hello Everyone!
Here's a quote from Jeffrey R. Holland that I heard that I think you'll love.

"No, the good people, the strong people, dig down deeper and find a better way. Like Christ, they know that when it is hardest to be so is precisely the time you have to be at your best."
Okay, sometimes we come against things that seem to be harder than we can handle. Bigger than we can bear. Scarier than we seem to be able to muster the courage for. For me, pushing to the end of my mission hasn't been a trial, but I've often been tempted to just let my companion do his thing, cause I won't be here for much longer anyway.... No. I don't do that. I don't quit. I don't fear digging deeper. Trying harder. Being bolder, and bigger, and better. I'm not going to lay down and give up.
Let's be honest though, we all have a lot of weaknesses. Frankly we often don't have the strength, the energy to keep pushing when it just always feels like we are forever draining our cup into so many different resources. How is it possible to continue to give when we have literally not been fed enough?
Ether 12:27

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

So, what am I learning? Well, sometimes we are tempted to just take the easy way out---to give into temptation, to just let go and let it all just land instead of faithfully pressing forward. For example: not going to church one week, Or not reading your scriptures today. Maybe the temptation is to do something dark, that would spiritually cripple you. Maybe it's to give up on the Church---the only true and living church on the earth---on God, or on ourselves, believing that we have found something better, something more convenient, or just that we don't want to have to deal with the hardship of it all anymore. Any of these things because we just don't feel like we can do it anymore.

Remember, "The strong people dig down deeper and find a better way." Whenever life does get hard we can dig deeper. Those moments when you don't have anything left to give are the same moments that usually require your best---and it is Christ that will provide that strength for you. That is the power of Grace. It is the power of His atonement that grants us the strength to be who we want to become, and do what must always be done. So, who are the strong people? Anyone who will turn to Christ. Who will trust Him. Who will believe Him.

Please, if you are considering giving up, I know you better than that. Dig down deeper, and find a better way.

He is the Way. The Truth and the Life. 

I love you all soooo much. Keep going. Don't you quit.

Rock on. Peace. Love. and Temple Marriage. In that order.


Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment